Hi it’s Patrik from intensive care at home, where we help long term ventilated Adults& Children with Tracheostomy and their Families to improve their Quality of life and also help hospitals saving money and resources, whilst providing Quality Care.
The 11 commandments of Quality of Life for long-term mechanically ventilated Adults& Children with Tracheostomy and their Families
1. Thou shall not stay in Intensive Care for more than 60 days
2. Thou shall not get depressed in Intensive Care
3. Thou shall not waste precious resources and block a bed in Intensive Care
4. Thou shall focus on opportunities and possibilities for Patients and Families
5. Thou shall go home and have Quality of Life
6. Thou shall not catch an infection and die in Intensive Care
7. Thou shall think outside of the box
8. Thou shall receive Quality care, safety and great nursing care at home
9. Thou shall create choice for people
10. Thou shall be open minded
11. Thy family shall not spend day and night in Intensive Care putting their lives on hold
If you are a health professional in Intensive Care and you think you know a long-term ventilated Adult or Child with Tracheostomy and their Family who would like to improve their Quality of Life and/or their Quality of end of Life in their own home rather than in Intensive Care- even if it is to go home for a weekend- and if your organisation would also like to save money and resources along the way or if you simply have any questions, give us a call on 03-9939 7456 or simply send me an email to [email protected]
Have a great day.