Applying for the NDIS
Step 1: Preparing
- Firstly, check that you're eligible on the NDIS website.
If you are, you can apply by completing this Access Form
- Put together a checklist of goals and support needs which will directly improve your quality of life and increase your capacity. This will ensure that you're all prepared for your first planning meeting.
- Gather clinical evidence from your care team which outlines the impact that your disability has on your day to day life and what supports are recommended to improve your quality of life and increase your capacity.
According to the NDIS website, good supporting evidence includes the following:
- completed by a treating health professional who is relevant to your primary disability.
- confirms your primary disability.
- confirms the impacts of your disability on the different areas of your life.
- describes previous treatments and outcomes.
- describes future treatment options and expected outcomes of those treatments.
If you are a GP or healthcare provider and have been asked to provide supporting evidence, please read this fact sheet
For more information on evidence required for your NDIS application, click here
- Contact your Local NDIS Office to schedule your planning meeting (face-to-face if possible).
Step 2: Your NDIS planning meeting
It is important that you go into your planning meeting feeling prepared, so that you’ll receive a NDIS plan that reflects your needs and goals.
- Bring your checklist and clinical evidence to refer to them during your meeting.
- Ask a friend or family member who knows you well, to come along for support.
- Take notes to remind you what was discussed during your meeting.
- Be clear about your needs and goals, so your Planner understands what you want to include in your plan.
Step 3: Receiving your plan
Once you receive your NDIS plan, it’s important that you check that all the details are correct, and you're happy with how the funds have been allocated.
- Contact your Planner or LAC if you have concerns. You can ask for a review if you don't believe your plan reflects your goals and support needs.
- Get in contact with us and we can help you implement your funding! We offer Level 2 and Level 3 Support Coordination, as well as Intensive Care Nursing Programs. We are specialists in our field and would love to help you on your NDIS journey.
- If you need more help please contact us on 1300 921 536 or email [email protected]