Hi it’s Patrik from intensive care at home, where we help long term ventilated Adults& Children with Tracheostomy and their Families to improve their Quality of life and also help hospitals saving money and resources, whilst providing Quality Care.
My 10 commandments of Quality of end of life for long-term mechanically ventilated Adults& Children with Tracheostomy and their Families
1. Thou shall be given a choice of where to die
2. Thou shall have quality of end of life at home
3. Thou shall not wait until day 60 in ICU before going home
4. Thou shall be given enough time with your family at home
5. Thou shall have peace of mind in your own home
6. Thou shall be surrounded by your Family in your own home
7. Thou shall be open minded, support and implement new ideas
8. Thou shall improve inefficiencies and create win-win situations
9. Thou shall receive Quality care, safety and great nursing care at home
10. Thy family shall not spend day and night in Intensive Care putting their lives on hold
If you are a health professional in Intensive Care and you think you know a long-term ventilated Adult or Child with Tracheostomy and their Family who would like to improve their Quality of Life and/or their Quality of end of Life in their own home rather than in Intensive Care- even if it is to go home for a weekend- and if your organisation would also like to save money and resources along the way or if you simply have any questions, give us a call on 03-9939 7456 or simply send me an email to [email protected]
Have a great day.